<$BlogRSDUrl$>

*riccicutie's world*
:::notes, thoughts, adventures, attempts, photos, escapades, make-believes, realities, all me:::

Family stuffs

Monday, October 23, 2006

Saturday Morning

I was frying an egg for breakfast when Nanay came to the kitchen and told me to add another one for her.

'Kanya kanyang luto, cook you own egg' I snapped as I was trying to flip the poor egg.

Dammit! Nabasag ang pula!

Tatay came to the rescue, offered to cook for me. I like my eggs crispy on the sides but soft and tender on the center. This style has been mastered by Tatay.

I gave the tortured egg to Nanay and waited for the next batch coming.

As I was waiting by the table, Tatay saw my face; pouting, with eyebrows meeting in the middle. Which is, by the way, the default mode of this face of mine. Don't blame me, I'm the the smiling-face-type.

Tatay's palms reached my forehead as if he was trying to iron out my face.

'Anak, wag ka magpapakita sa biyenan mo na ganyan ang itsura mo, ha? Mabu-bwisit sa 'yo yun!' Talking like I already have one.

I immediately scanned the house to see any traces of Lola, but could not find any. But at the corner of my eye, I could see Nanay snickering.

These folks, they just love to bring the topic of my would-be-biyenan whenever they catch me helplessly handling domestic chores.

'Tay, ang hahanapin kong asawa e yung ulilang lubos, so I won't have to deal with in-laws.'

They just laughed. Why do they want to discuss biyenans when they (intentionally?) skip the topic of my would-be-husband?


Sunday

Went to my cousin's, Maria Ariana, baptism with Nanay.

Maria_Ariana-102206-058 Maria_Ariana-102206-037

We went straight to the reception venue since we left home too late to catch the baptism rights at the church.

5:47 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

permalink