<$BlogRSDUrl$>

*riccicutie's world*
:::notes, thoughts, adventures, attempts, photos, escapades, make-believes, realities, all me:::

on wire-tapping

Thursday, June 16, 2005

It's the talk of the town nowadays, the latest issue everybody's been buzzing about - wire-tapping, the mother of all tapes and voices behind it. While I do believe that it was really GMA's, I'm more concerned with the former --- wire-tapping. What if my phone line is being tapped? How will my voice sound like? I've heard the purportedly faked tape in the news and it sounded more like ate Glo (the comedian) bluffing than GMA's. "takot lang ni ate glo" my mother said in a snap.

I hate the idea that someone out there is listening to my conversations over the phone. There are lots of things that I'd rather keep. People know that I'm the mushy type, but I don't like someone listening over the phone line and hear how much I get spongy when I talk to my friends about my oh so pathetic life. People know that my mother is IT illiterate, wait, illiterate is too strong, she's just uneducated with IT stuffs. There, sounds better. She'll call just to ask me how to attach a file in her email, and I don't want someone hearing how I instruct her patiently and how she impatiently reacts on it. People know that I have little patience over agents (call centers) and my favorite of all are those working for my credit card company. However, I don't want someone hearing my voice getting on the top of my lungs just because my statement of account was delivered late again. People know that I'm such a lousy liar, and I don't want someone hearing me stutter, my tongue tripping, gasping for the right words.

And what if my oh so private conversations were obtained? Will I also get the privilege to hide inside the seminary? And then what, make a confession to all the priests there? Well, maybe my hiding will be a different story.

And will my conversations get transformed into a ring tone also? I wonder who would be interested.

1:25 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

permalink