<$BlogRSDUrl$>

*riccicutie's world*
:::notes, thoughts, adventures, attempts, photos, escapades, make-believes, realities, all me:::

What's in a name

Friday, February 11, 2005

Inside the church, sitted down, waiting for our turn for the "healing" (where the Priest dabs oil in the forehead and the hands), while looking at the image of OUr Lady of Immaculate Concepcion, Nanay once again mentioned that my name should have been "Nerissa Lourdes" or "Maria Lourdes", since my birthday fell on the feast of Our Lady Of Lourdes. And that my nickname, Ricci, was given to me by Tita Aida, my father's youngest sister. Ricci, as if like in Ritchie Rich, para daw maging "rich" kami, Nanay recalled. But the spelling was from the perfume Nina Ricci, para daw sosyal.

Until now, I still don't feel my name. I don't know, I still feel weird when people call me Nerissa. Most of my friends call me ricci, my officemates neri, to some chi. Nerissa, people calling me by such were my teachers, professors, bosses, new acquaintances. Maybe I haven't gotten used to it. Or maybe, it's the weirdness in me...





NOTE: I got these at http://typogenerator.net, © 2004 by ladyK

10:21 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

permalink