<$BlogRSDUrl$>

*riccicutie's world*
:::notes, thoughts, adventures, attempts, photos, escapades, make-believes, realities, all me:::

ghosts

Monday, November 01, 2004

Day of the dead today. Holiday for most of the living. Workday for some hapless creatures like me.

*****

Scenes from last night.

It was nearing 12 midnight. Nanay on the driver's seat, Cutie beside Nanay. Lola and Jaene at the back.

NANAY: Daan tayo sa Eternal

LOLA: Gabi na, uwi na lang tayo

CUTIE: Sige, daan tayo and let's take pictures

JAENE: Ano ka ba, sementeryo e magpi-picture ka pa!

CUTIE: Hindi pa naman ako inaantok e. I actually know a lot or people who are more productive at night

NANAY: Ako, mas nakakapag-isip ako pag gabi.

LOLA: May lahi ka yatang ASWANG e

*Laughter filled the car*

*****

I have never seen a ghost in my entire life. I have always pictured them in my mind as some creatures of darkness - hideous, horrible. I feared them so much that I shunned from watching horror movies (I at least close my eyes when I see one), walked out from my barkada's horror stories, never looked at dark and dimmed places any longer than a minute.

These have all changed since last week. Not that I have met Casper, the friendly ghost. Though I wish I did. You see, my wallet was snatched straight from my pocket - in broad daylight and in my own neighborhood (actually, it was only a few steps away from our house). It was then that I realized what this elders' saying really meant "matakot ka na sa buhay, wag lang sa patay".

Imagine the terror I've been in to. I just could not believe it. It's not really that cash that I am after to, since it only had 200 hundred pesos the time it was stolen. Losing my wallet means practically losing a part of me. All of my identification cards are in there. credit cards, ATM cards, privilege cards, discount cards, student's license.

I ran after the thieves, though I knew I would never catch them. How could some people be so mean, so hideous? I know I could be bitchy at times, but I would never, ever deliberately inflict pain on other people.

Up until now, my heart still skips a beat each time this event flashes in my mind. It's as if I could still feel my wallet being taken away from me. I could not even walk on the spot where it happened.

I know I will get over this trauma. It's just a matter of time. And when that time comes, perhaps I would also be ready to watch horror movies without closing my eyes.

4:07 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

permalink