<$BlogRSDUrl$>

*riccicutie's world*
:::notes, thoughts, adventures, attempts, photos, escapades, make-believes, realities, all me:::

F5

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

The F5 key must be getting tired of me. All it could do is accept the never-ending pressing of my finger. Very unfortunate had the button been a living creature, since I lost count on how much pressings I did since I got hold of the PC at work. Good thing it's only a button.

Like a vigilant wife surveilling her philandering husband's every movement, I've been monitoring the stock quote in our company's website tirelessly.

I have just exercised my stock options last night. I started calling the broker's US office at 11pm. In between, I called my officemates at work. We were all excited, counting how much money we would earn after this. Most of my officemates plan on buying a new car, and spending the rest for an out-of-the-country trip. Some would wholeheartedly give their earnings to their parents. As for me, I'd get the 10% and give it to my favorite charitable institution. Then I'd take enough amount for a laptop. The bigger share goes to my parents.

I was able to contact the broker at 2am already. My father even made me a "script" as to how I would negotiate with the broker, but I was not able to use the lines he made since our conversation took only less than a minute. He just asked for my name and my employee number then asked me if I wanted to sell my shares on current market price. I just replied yes.

Excitement filled me within, that I was not able to sleep last night. That's why this morning, I needed to gulp down a grande sized coffee to keep me awake for the whole shift.

Until now, the F5 still goes on.. hope it won't get weary ;)

4:42 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

permalink